Full Professor, Food Risk Analysis and Regulatory Policies;
• Food Standards and Food Regulatory Expert at the Domestic and International Level.
• Senior Expert Advisor on Food Standards, China's National Centre for Food Safety Risk Assessment (2015-2020) as part of the 523 Capacity Development Program - People's Republic Of China.
• Senior Food Regulatory Advisor, with international organizations such as the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) etc... on targeted capacity building initiatives in food safety and nutrition regulatory policy development .
• Former Senior Food Regulator at the Executive level in Canada. Former FAO/WHO Codex Alimentarius Commission Vice-Chair (2011-2014).
• Network and Consensus builder, promoting the development and dissemination of Food Regulatory Sciences.
• Over 15 years experience as a food regulator and leader of science-based organizations.
• First-hand experience in managing and leading multi-disciplinary research and science-based organisations – from 10 to 400 team members- with a focus on result-based operational performance.
• Strong leadership in mobilizing teams and in developing and sustaining partnerships domestically and internationally to support research and capacity development in food safety and nutrition program delivery and food standard setting
• Team builder - communicates fluently in French, English and Arabic, with knowledge of Spanish and Hebrew
• Interested in roles enabling partnership development, international collaborations, research management and academic excellence in diverse and multi-disciplinary environments.
• Areas of teaching / lecturing / research: food science, food risk analysis (assessment, management and communication), food regulatory policy formulation, food safety capacity building, food allergen management, contaminants in food, food quality and certification systems